Haus Mawu Haggerstone Island
Haus Mawu is the premuim acccommodation on Haggerstone Island. This 3 bedrooom villa has spectacular ocean views, overlooking the big lagoon.
When you first step foot on Haggerstone Island, you’ll be astounded at the untouched, pristine tropical paradise in front of you.
Haus Mawu was designed exclusively by Roy. It’s the most deluxe and most prominent of all accommodation types. African and Morrocan influence is at the heart of the design. Nestled in the hillside is this self-contained villa. So, you can overlook the vast lagoon and beach.
This villa boasts two queen bedrooms, along with another in the loft. There’s room for everyone in the open-plan kitchen and lounge area. Meanwhile, you can relax by the stone fireplace and library. This villa can sleep up to 8 guests.
Where it all Began
Roy and Anna Turner arrived on Haggerstone Island in 1985. A large barge carried timber, fruit trees and chickens. They had all the necessities to create their little slice of paradise.
Breakfast and dinner are served here, with lunch usually out on the boat. Also, while we prepare dinner, sit by the fire pit and enjoy a glass of wine.
Haggerstone Island Experiences
Included in the accommodation costs are all water adventures along with equipment and Jetski use.
Guests can float over pristine coral gardens while Snorkelling and Spearfishing on Haggerstone Island. Expect to see incredible wildlife—for instance, Sea Turtles, Manta Rays and thousands of vibrant tropical fish.
Next access the Watersport equipment enjoy jet skiing, wakeboarding and waterskiing. Then explore the island on a kayak or canoe. Then try beach fishing.
The Deep Sea and Estuary Fishing on Haggerstone Island Queensland are undoubtedly world-class. You will benefit from 30 years worth of local knowledge of the area. Furthermore, the meals on Haggerstone Island include freshly caught delicious seafood.
For the ultimate island experience, why not use our Chartered Helicopter Service. Explore private waterfalls and sand-cays. As well as untouched rivers and enjoy a sunset with champagne in hand atop magnificent dunes. Helicopter charters will be an additional cost.
Indulge in World-Class Cuisine
The meals on Haggerstone Island, are an experience all of their own. Haggerstone Island follows a sustainable rule to keep only as much as you need to eat. Meanwhile, the majority of our daily catch is released.
Are you travelling as a couple? The Beach Hut is the most secluded room on the island. Click HERE for more information.
- Most luxurious of all accommodation on the island.
- Self-contained villa with spectacular views.
- Two open-air-bathrooms.
- Lounge area with library and stone fireplace.
- All daily adventures in the 45ft jet boat and watersports.
- All meals are focused heavily on seafood pulled straight from the surrounding waters. The fruit and vegetables are all grown in the Haggerstone Island orchard.
How to get there
Getting there is part of the adventure. To get to Haggerstone you must first fly to Cairns, North Queensland. From there we can organize two options:
- Private charter from Cairns. A two-hour flight. If possible, guests should stay in Cairns the night before. Therefore, allowing for an early departure. Additionally, guests should restrict their luggage to 12 kgs per person.
- Guests can pre-organise a flight to Weipa with Qantas. Then, board a private charter to Haggerstone’s airstrip.