Orpheus Island Australia
Orpheus Island is the Great Barrier Reef’s best island resort. The island is an all-inclusive, private lodge that accommodates 28 guests. Enjoy an unparalleled luxury island getaway.
The North Beachfront Room has dazzling views of the Coral Sea. It is an impressive entry-level accommodation. Relax in modern and romantic surroundings.
This room is perfect for couples or those travelling as a duo. They are the essence of the laid-back island lifestyle. This room configuration can be with one king bed or two singles.
The lodge spans the island’s pristine coastline with gentle sea breezes and spectacular sunsets.
Great Barrier Reef
- The Great Barrier Reef is the World’s largest coral reef
- The GBR is home to a third of the world’s coral species.
- One thousand five hundred species of tropical fish live on the Great Barrier Reef.
- One hundred thirty-four species of sharks and rays.
- 30 species of marine mammals,
- six of the world’s seven species of threatened marine turtles
Food and Wine
On arrival, you will meet with the Executive Chef. They will ask you about your taste preferences and dietary requirements. During your stay enjoy gourmet breakfasts, share tapas-style lunches and incredible degustation dinners.
The light, contemporary, daily-changing menu flaunts the local produce of this region. This is a food lover’s paradise. Orpheus Island was awarded a Chef’s hat in 2019.
The Orpheus cellar features iconic and boutique wines from Australia’s famous wine regions.
Try the signature ‘Dining with the Tides’ experience for something unique. Enjoy an intimate degustation dinner for two under the stars on the island’s jetty.
Gwandalan Day Spa
Gwandalan translates to ‘rest and peace in the native Aboriginal language. For this reason, harmony guides all elements of the spa. Each treatment intends to restore balance and wellness.
The spa combines modern and indigenous herbalism, aromatherapy and touches therapy. Traditional Aboriginal techniques inspire each ritual, reflecting the tranquillity and beauty.
Firstly, you will have unlimited use of snorkelling equipment. The waters surrounding the island are teeming with colourful fish and turtles.
Motorised dinghies are available for guests. So you can explore one of the many neighbouring beaches. Light fishing gear and snorkelling equipment are available during your stay. The Chef-prepared gourmet picnic will complete the perfect day.
Soak up the landscape on a stand-up paddleboard. Great fun and offer a chance to see tropical fish and sea turtles.
Next, Kayaking is a great way to explore the sparkling blue waters around the island.
Then catamaran sailing around Orpheus Island is superb. During your stay, set sail and explore the surrounding calm waters.
Conservation is the centre of Orpheus Island’s philosophy, so the lodge has implemented the following measures:
- Solar Power in addition to having battery storage and a backup generator.
- As well as solar hot water that services all guest accommodation.
- A state-of-the-art wastewater treatment plant. 100% of water to be recycled and used for irrigation and watering.
- A sustainable vegetable garden and fruit trees provide the chefs with a constant fresh produce supply.
- There are also chickens laying fresh eggs for the island kitchen.
- Eleven kilometres of stunning coastline with sparkling turquoise waters
- 1000 hectares of National Park
- Island Spa
Room Rates include the following:
- All gourmet meals and a selection of quality Australian wines and beers.
- An all-inclusive minibar and a daily Orpheus Island experience.
- Unlimited use of water equipment,
- Catamaran, light fishing and snorkelling gear.
- Complimentary WIFI is in the lodge area only. The reception is open 24 hours a day.
- Enjoy a full laundry service (no dry cleaning available).
- Check-in is 2 pm, with a checkout time of 11 am.
NORTH BEACHFRONT ROOM INCLUSIONS ARE:
- Ocean Views
- All gourmet meals
- Complimentary selected Australian wine and beers
- Orpheus experiences daily – snorkelling, fishing or island cruise
- Unlimited use of motorised dinghies, paddleboards, kayaks, catamarans, snorkelling equipment and light fishing gear
- King Bed or Twin Beds
- Patio overlooking the Coral Sea
- Bose sound system
- LED TV with free-to-air satellite
- Minibar stocked with beverages and gourmet snacks
- Li’tya guest amenities
- Selection of T2 teas and hot chocolate
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Air-conditioning and ceiling fan as well as heating
- Iron and ironing board
- Yoga mats
- Beach towels and beach bag
- Complimentary water bottles
PAY 4, STAY 5 PACKAGE inclusions are:
- All standard inclusions above PLUS Pay for four (4) nights of accommodation and stay for 5
- All standard inclusions above
- Four (4) nights’ accommodation (discounted by 10%)
- Signature Dining with the Tides experience one evening (two guests) –
- One hour Gwandalan Day Spa treatment per person –
- Bottle of French Champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberries on arrival
FREE AS A BIRD PACKAGE inclusions are:
- All standard inclusions PLUS Return scheduled helicopter transfers for two guests from Townsville
- Helicopter adventures.
- Hinchinbrook Island tour.
- Private gourmet picnic adventure.
- Scuba diving tours.
- Fishing Charters.
- Gwandalan Spa experiences
What to bring
What to pack
- Swimwear and rashies
- Sunglass and sunhat
- Sun lotion
- Camera and charger
- Lightweight jacket
- Sandals and walking shoes
Passengers are restricted to a small bag weighing no more than fifteen kilograms due to restricted weights on helicopters.
How to get there
Orpheus Island located 80 km northeast of Townsville. It is easily accessible by helicopter. A 30-minute journey from Townsville or a 90-minute private charter from Cairns.
As a result of helicopter weight restrictions, guests can bring a small soft duffle bag up to a maximum weight of 15 kg.
any excess luggage will occur excess charges ranging from AUD $580 to $1410 per person.