Orpheus Island Resort South Suite
Are you looking for the ultimate romantic getaway? Orpheus Island Resort will undoubtedly exceed all your expectations. This all-inclusive private island is located on the Great Barrier Reef. Furthermore, it accommodates just 28 guests at any time.
The spacious south suites are perfect for couples as well as honeymooners. With a stylish and modern design, they offer a secluded escape. So admire the stunning ocean views while you’re surrounded by lush, tropical gardens.
You will experience absolute decadence. Relax on your private terrace and enjoy the gentle ocean breeze. Meanwhile, the outdoor stone bath is the perfect place to wash the day away. Orpheus Island Resort has thought of everything, so you don’t have to.
Since 1960, the island which stretches 11 km was declared a National Park. Additionally, the surrounding waters were deemed a World Heritage-listed Marine Park.
Discover the vibrant marine life. For example, colourful tropical fish with hard and soft corals. In addition to dolphins, sea turtles, manta rays and dugongs. Meanwhile, in the winter months, you may be lucky enough to spot families of humpback whales.
Forests and woodlands on Orpheus Island Resort are home to many native mammals and bird species. So you can explore all of this on the many walking trails which are on the island.
Food and Wine
On arrival, you will meet with the Executive Chef. They will ask you your taste preferences and dietary requirements. You’ll certainly enjoy gourmet breakfasts, shared tapas-style lunches and incredible degustation dinners.
The light, contemporary, daily-changing menu flaunts the local produce of this region. A true food lover’s paradise. In fact, Orpheus Island Resort was awarded a Chef’s hat in 2019.
The Orpheus cellar was formulated to create harmony between cuisine, climate and environment. You will undoubtedly love the iconic and boutique wines from Australia’s famous wine regions.
For something even more special, try the signature ‘Dining with the Tides’ experience. Enjoy an intimate degustation dinner for two under the stars on the island’s jetty.
Firstly, you’ll have unlimited use of snorkelling equipment. The waters surrounding the island are teeming with marine life. Guided snorkelling tours are run as part of the daily activities.
Motorised dinghies are available for guests. You’ll have access to light fishing gear and snorkelling equipment. So you can explore one of the many neighbouring beaches. Additionally, you can take a chef-prepared gourmet picnic.
Soak up the landscape on a stand-up paddleboard. These are great for a bit of exercise and you may even see some tropical fish or a sea turtle.
Explore the mangroves within a sheltered bay on the island while kayaking.
The conditions for catamaran sailing around Orpheus Island Resort are superb. Take one of the vessels and explore the surrounding calm waters.
Gwandalan Day Spa
Gwandalan translates to ‘rest and peace’ in the native Aboriginal language. Peace guides all elements of the spa. Above all, each treatment intends to restore balance and wellness.
The day spa adopts modern and indigenous herbalism coupled with aromatherapy and touch therapy. In fact, each ritual is inspired by traditional Aboriginal techniques. So this reflects the tranquillity and beauty of the surrounding seas.
Continuing conservation is the centre of Orpheus Island’s philosophy. Therefore, the lodge has implemented the following measures:
- Orpheus Island Resort is solar powered. In addition to having battery storage and a backup generator.
- Solar hot water servicing all guest accommodation.
- State-of-the-art wastewater treatment plant. So this allows 100% of the water to be recycled and used for irrigation and watering.
- A sustainable vegetable garden and fruit trees. As a result, providing the chefs with a constant supply of fresh produce.
- Additionally, the introduction of chickens to lay fresh eggs for chef use.
- Importantly, $50 from every guest stay is donated to the Reef Keepers Fund. Aimed at protecting and preserving the Great Barrier Reef.
Are you travelling as a family? Orpheus Island, in fact, has fabulous accommodation options for you. So click HERE for more information.
- Beautifully furnished suite with a modern design.
- Outdoor stone bathtub
- Daily once-in-a-lifetime island activity included.
- Incredible gourmet meals are all included.
- Unlimited use of all watersport equipment.
The rates include all gourmet meals with a selection of quality Australian wines and beers. An all-inclusive mini-bar and a daily Orpheus Island experience.
As well as unlimited use of the water equipment. These include a motorised dinghy, paddleboards, kayaks, catamaran, light fishing and snorkelling gear.
Complimentary WIFI is in the lodge area only. The reception is open 24 hours a day. Enjoy a full laundry service (no dry cleaning available). Check-in is 2 pm, with a checkout time of 11 am.
SOUTH SUITE INCLUSIONS
- Lounge area
- Bathroom with double vanity
- Private terrace
- Outdoor stone bath
- All gourmet meals
- Complimentary inclusion of selected Australian wine and beers
- Orpheus experience daily – snorkelling, fishing or island cruise
- Unlimited use of motorised dinghies, paddleboards, kayaks, catamarans, snorkelling equipment and light fishing gear
- King Bed or Twin Beds
- Patio overlooking the Coral Sea
- Bose sound system
- LED TV with free-to-air satellite
- Minibar stocked with beverages and gourmet snacks
- Li’tya guest amenities
- Selection of T2 teas and hot chocolate
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Air-conditioning, heating and ceiling fan
- Iron and ironing board
- Yoga mats
- Beach towels & beach bag
- Complimentary water bottles
- Helicopter adventures.
- Hinchinbrook Island tour.
- Private gourmet picnic adventure.
- Scuba diving tours.
- Fishing Charters.
How to get there
Orpheus Island Resort is located 80 km northeast of Townsville. It’s easily accessible by helicopter. A 30-minute journey from Townsville or alternatively, a 90-minute private charter from Cairns.
Passengers will need to bring a small soft duffle bag. Please keep luggage to a maximum weight of 15 kg, due to the helicopter weight restrictions.
During the wet season (November to April) there is certainly a chance of rain during these times. So the Lodge has a seasonal closure from the 30th January to 28 February 2021 inclusive.