Mount Mulligan Lodge Outback Pavilion
Welcome to the spectacular Mount Mulligan Lodge. Here is where you will revel in modern, laid-back outback luxury.
Located 160 km northwest of Cairns, you’ll discover this remote 28,000-hectare working cattle station.
Set amongst the untamed and rugged landscape of outback Far North Queensland.
You will experience the spirit of the Australian Outback. Discover the history of the expansive property. Still bearing the marks of the gold rush era from days gone by. Meanwhile, you can immerse yourself and learn the indigenous history, dating back 37,000 years.
This luxury lodge offers accommodation for just 20 guests. Guest retreats are enchanting and complemented by the rustic landscape. All of the rooms feature spectacular outback views.
The Outback Pavilion is the ultimate getaway for families and groups. The pavilion features two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a communal lounge with cosy wood-burning fireplace.
On your private verandah, a corrugated iron water tank has been re-purposed as a deep outdoor bath, boasting uninterrupted views of the Australian outback.
Mount Mulligan Lodge sits above a magnificent 18 km-long sandstone escarpment, with towering eucalyptus woodlands in addition to a shimmering weir. Local indigenous Djungan people refer to these as.‘ Ngarrabullgan’
Take in the dynamic scenes of sunrise and sunset beneath this breathtaking backdrop.
Mt Mulligan Lodge Experiences
Many activities are available to guests to ensure you get the most out of this beautiful part of the world.
Experience a ride on an ATV, discovering the history and beauty of the area. Also, the chef-prepared gourmet picnic hampers are always a favourite.
Then take a step back in time and witness Australia’s oldest operating gold crusher. Explore the historic Mount Mulligan coal mine and abandoned township. Guided tours of the goldfields are also on offer.
There are endless opportunities from wildlife spotting tours in addition to sunset drinks overlooking the mountain. Next hike around Mount Mulligan Lodge, experience the day-to-day operations of a working cattle station. Throw a line into the weir and catch a barramundi.
Why not take a scenic helicopter flight to soak up the breathtaking views over Mount Mulligan Lodge? After that, at nighttime, you can’t miss the chance to stargaze in the Aussie Outback.
Food and Wine
The dining experience at Mount Mulligan Lodge is undoubtedly exceptional. You will enjoy a flavoursome twist on outback dining. Showcased on the menu is a myriad of locally sourced and freshly grown seasonal produce.
Guests wishing to dine al fresco can have a gourmet picnic hamper out in the bush. For something even more unique, have an intimate five-course degustation dinner under a canopy of twinkling stars.
An exquisite range of iconic and boutique wines are available. Hand-selected from Australia’s best wine regions and perfectly paired with the delicious menu, therefore harmonising with the climate and environment.
Importantly, Mount Mulligan Lodge has a strong philosophy with conservation the key. Our primary power use is by solar energy, and batteries are a prime example. Also, water is recycled for irrigation and watering from water tanks.
The chefs sourced ingredients are from local producers and sustainable farms. As well as $50 from every guest stay being donated to the Northern Escape Collection’s Reef Keepers Fund and aimed at protecting and preserving the Great Barrier Reef.
- 2 x bedrooms
- 2 x bathrooms
- 2 x Outdoor bathtubs
- Shared Lounge with wood-burning fire place
- All gourmet meals.
- Complimentary inclusion of selected Australian wines, beers, spirits and soft drinks.
- 2 x Use of private electric buggy to explore the property with ease.
- Daily curated Mount Mulligan experience.
- Unlimited use of paddleboards, kayaks and fishing gear.
How to get there
- Arrive in style on a 35-minute scenic helicopter flight from Cairns. On the journey, take in the views of the 150 million-year-old Daintree Rainforest. In addition to the stunning Atherton Tablelands and the Aussie outback surrounding Mount Mulligan Lodge.
- Mount Mulligan Lodge is also accessible by road. It’s a 2.5 – 3 hour 4WD adventure from Cairns. Be aware that during the wet season (January-March), there can be road closures. Therefore, we recommend that guests book helicopter transfers during this period. Because of the rugged terrain, we only recommend you drive if you are confident and experienced in driving 4WD vehicles.
- There will be no charge for infants under 3 years old. Children aged 3 + will be charged at the ‘per person’ rate. For safety reasons, they require their own seat on the helicopter.
- There is a one way, per person charge. If the daily scheduled transfer is full, or the time does not work for you, we can arrange a private helicopter charter for an extra cost.
- Daily scheduled transfers depart Cairns to Mt Mulligan departs Cairns at 2 pm. Mt Mulligan to Cairns departs at 2:35 pm and arrives in Cairns at 3:10 pm.
- There is a 15 kg per person luggage limit on the helicopter.
- Please provide us with each passenger full names, body weights and your accommodation details by leaving us a comment in the ‘booking message’ section at the time of booking.