Mount Mulligan Luxury Accommodation
Mount Mulligan Lodge accommodates sixteen guests on a property surrounded by breathtaking scenery.
A secluded 28,000-hectare property in North Queensland offering luxury outback accommodation.
The Outback Room overlooks the wire and Mount Mulligan’s magnificent sandstone cliffs.
A unique escape for romantic getaways, individuals or duos travelling as friends.
With pitched cathedral ceilings and deep verandahs, the outback room provides a luxurious escape complete with outdoor bath providing amazing views of the Australian outback.
Inside the room, dark green panelling gives an affluent feeling of space, fine linen is supplied to complete the experience.
Located 182 kilometres from Cairns, Mount Mulligan Lodge. The journey takes between 2.5 hours and 3 hours. The road is unsealed past Dimbulah, so Mt Mulligan guests do need to travel by 4WD vehicle.
Mount Mulligan things to do
During your stay, a wonderful range of outback experiences have been designed to make your outback experience outstanding, including ATV adventures, picnics, barramundi fishing, scenic helicopter tours and guided walks.
Room size: 52 sq.m
Verandah size: 28 sq.m
Your own electric buggy
Mount Mulligan Outback Suite Services and Amenities
- King Bed or Twin Beds
- Outdoor bathtub
- Air-conditioning, heating and ceiling fan
- Coffee and tea making facilities
- Daily room service
- Linen, towels and bathrobes
- LaGaia toiletries
- Gourmet mini-bar
- Yoga mats
- Complimentary water bottles
Until 31 March 2021 $1,700 per night, for two guests
From 1 April 2021 $1,750 per night, for two guests
- Outdoor bathtub
- King bed or Twin beds
- All gourmet meals.
- Complimentary inclusion of selected Australian wines, beers, spirits and soft drinks.
- Use of private electric buggy to explore the property with ease.
- Daily curated Mount Mulligan experience.
- Unlimited use of paddleboards, kayaks and fishing gear.
How to get there
- Arrive in style on a 35-minute scenic helicopter flight from Cairns. On the journey, take in the views of the 150 million-year-old Daintree Rainforest. In addition to the stunning Atherton Tablelands and the Aussie outback surrounding Mount Mulligan Lodge.
- Mount Mulligan Lodge is also accessible by road. It’s a 2.5 – 3 hour 4WD adventure from Cairns. Be aware, that during the wet season (January-March), there can be road closures. Therefore, we recommend that guests book helicopter transfers during this period. Because of the rugged terrain, we only recommend you drive if you are confident and experienced in driving 4WD vehicles.
- There will be no charge for infants under 3 years old. Children aged 3 + will be charged at the ‘per person’ rate. For safety reasons, they require their own seat on the helicopter.
- There is a one way, per person charge. If the daily scheduled transfer is full, or the time does not work for you, we can arrange a private helicopter charter for an extra cost.
- Daily scheduled transfers depart Cairns to Mt Mulligan departs Cairns at 2 pm. Mt Mulligan to Cairns departs at 2:35 pm and arrives in Cairns at 3:10 pm.
- There is a 15 kg per person luggage limit on the helicopter.
- Please provide us with each passenger full names, body weights and your accommodation details by leaving us a comment in the ‘booking message’ section at the time of booking.