Ocean Rafting Whitsundays – Southern Lights
Ocean Rafting Southern Lights offers you a thrilling ride to Whitehaven Beach. Zoom across the water on the custom-built semi-rigid inflatable rafts for a speedy trip. Indeed, the most adventurous way to spend your day exploring the Whitsunday Islands!
First on the list is heading to the world-famous Whitehaven Beach. Unlike other boats, these unique vessels have a shallow hull, allowing you to get as close as possible to the beach as possible. Step straight off the boat and onto Whitehaven Beach. Not only will you be able to spend the most time at Whitehaven Beach on this Ocean Rafting Whitsundays tour, but you will also get to enjoy your lunch here.
Following on from the beach, join your guide on the nature walk, taking you right to the Hill Inlet Lookout. Here you can view the magical swirling sands. As a result of the continually shifting sands with the tides, these swirls are always changing. In the same way as snowflakes, no two views will ever be the same!
So what’s next?
Finally, after exploring all you can on Whitehaven Beach, it’s time to zoom off for some snorkelling. Despite having access to over 74 different snorkelling locations, the Captain will always find you the best spot to make sure you get the best experience on your Ocean Rafting Whitsundays tour.
Perhaps you were after something different to the Ocean Rafting Southern Lights Tour?
On the other hand, if you would like to spend a little bit more time snorkelling, check out the alternative itinerary available on the Ocean Rafting Northern Exposure.
On the other hand, if you want to maximise your day, why not combine your tour with a Scenic Flight on the Fly and Raft package. Fly over the Great Barrier Reef and view the famous Heart Reef from the sky.
What will I see on my Southern Lights Tour?
- Spend up to 2 hours on Whitehaven Beach
- Swirling Sands of Hill Inlet
- National Park Guided Walk to Hill Inlet Lookout
- Jet past the Whitsunday Islands
- 1 Hour of Snorkelling amongst the fringing coral reefs
- Pickup from your Airlie Beach Accommodation is between 8:45 am – 9:15 am. You will be transferred to the Ocean Rafting Check-In office located at Coral Sea Marina
- After a quick briefing, join your Guide on your Raft to zoom off to your first destination at 10:00 am.
- Visit Whitehaven Beach, Hill Inlet, Hill Inlet Lookout and 1 Snorkelling location.
- Return back to Airlie Beach at 4:30 pm
- Return Drop-off to your Airlie Beach Accommodation between 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm.
Your Southern Lights Tour includes:
- Whitehaven Beach
- Hill Inlet Lookout
- Guided National Park Walks
- Reef and Island Naturalist Talks
- 1 Snorkel Location
- All Snorkel Equipment as well as Flotation Devices
- Personalised Snorkel Instruction
- Courtesy Transfers from your Airlie Beach Accommodation
What is not included on my Ocean Rafting Southern Lights Tour?
- Tropical lunch pack $20 pp
- Sunsuit/Wetsuit Hire $8 pp
- Prescription Mask Hire $20 pp
- Water, Soft Drinks/Juice, Beer/Cider
- Photographs of the day
These are all payable onboard
What to bring
What will I need to bring?
- Towel, hat as well as shoes.
- Waterproof camera.
- Cash purchases on board.
- If you have chosen not to have our buffet-style lunch, please ensure that you bring your own as we do not visit any resorts during the day.
- A sense of humour!
How to get there
How do I get to my Southern Lights Tour?
Check-in for the Ocean Rafting Southern Lights tour is at 9:00 am for a 10:00 am Departure.
Make your way to Ocean Rafting in the Coral Sea Marina North Village, Shingley Drive, Airlie Beach.
Parking is available in the large car park at Southern End of Coral Sea Marina, which is only a short 2 minutes stroll from the office. Pay and display your ticket.
For a free pick-up: Let us know your accommodation in the booking message field, and we will be in touch straight away with a pickup time for your complimentary shuttle to the marina.
We strongly recommend checking availability before booking.
This trip is suitable for all ages, (6+ months – weather permitting), in spite of this, the tour is unfortunately not suitable for guests with pre-existing back, neck or hip injuries or who are pregnant.
If you have a child under 4 years, please phone our office to check prior to booking.
Queensland Public Holidays: The Queensland Public Holidays days incur a public holiday surcharge of $20 per adult, $10 per child and $50 per family (2ad and 2ch) on the Northern Exposure, Southern Lights, Fly Raft package and charters. These are payable on check-in.